"Write the Vision. Make it plain so that those who read it may run with it." - Habakkuk 2:2
Is Your Dream to Write a Book?
Do you have a message you want to share with the world? Do you feel God has called you for such a time as this to publish a specific book? Do you long to share God’s word in a unique way with others? Do you want to write your memoir or testimony or that of a family member’s?
I meet many people who have the aspiration to write a book. And yet, many are still saying, "One day I'm going to write that book." What makes the difference between those who dream of writing and those who hold the completed book with their name on it in their hands signing it for old friends and new lined up to purchase?
Persistence and know how are what sets the published apart from those who want to be published. How do I write a book? How do I organize a book. How do I know it’s a viable topic? How do I make it interesting?
There are a million how and why questions. Enter Write the Vision Coaching. I provide the know-how. You provide the persistence. Although, I will prod you along about that, as well.
Write the Vision Coaching
Writing and self-publishing my memoir, Sweet Grace: How I Lost 250 Pounds and Stopped Trying to Earn God’s Favor, was a real learning experience. There were many times I just wanted to pick up the phone and call someone, anyone, with a question. I learned by trial and error. I've since written two more books and two study guides, which are like a book in themselves. I'm ready now to help you through the jungle of writing and self-publishing.
Private Facebook Group
One component of Write the Vision Coaching is a private Facebook Group. Categorized as a secret group, it will be a place where I post videos, posts and action steps.
Any time, day or night, members can post a question in the Facebook group. I will answer you most of the time within 24 hours. Sorry, not getting up in the middle of the night. Most coaching work will be done in the group. The videos and action steps will also be available on my website in a members only area.
The most important aspect will be your submissions. You will submit an assignment or a chapter or chapters of your book. I will read and then, give you feedback. I will given written feedback for specifics I may even do a short video, especially if I know it will help others in the group.
The content of the videos will vary depending on the needs of those in the group. Whether or not we have a video each month depends on questions and needs within the group. Here are some possibilities.
- Planning and Organizing Your Book
- Setting Goals and Deadlines
- Writing Towards Your Theme
- Your Voice Matters
- Beginning Phases
- Using Story Principles To Set The Tone
- Making the Story Flow
- Editing, Rearranging, Cutting
- Publishing, Formatting, Front and Back Covers
- Navigating Amazon, Createspace, Kindle, Audiobook*
- Book Promotion
- Facebook, Social Media and Website
How I Coach
Because I am a writer at heart, I will coach you by helping you make your book the best it can be. I will ask you questions. I will challenge you to meet your deadlines and word counts. I will challenge you about how each part you are writing relates to the overall purpose of your book. I will tell you the truth and help you make your book the best it can be.
Write the Vision Coaching Includes:
- Videos on Writing Topics
- Related Assignments
- Group discussions and interaction
- Writing at least one chapter per month
- Individual chapter reviews by Teresa each month
- Scheduled coaching sessions if needed
- Secret Facebook Group for Q&A
- Group Coaching from Author Teresa Shields Parker
- A Place to Come for Encouragement, Advice and a Swift Kick in the You-know-where
I'm excited to hear about your book. Let's get started!
Write the Vision Coaching Group
You may enter Write the Vision Coaching Group at any time. It is a six-month commitment with a recurring payment every 30 days. After six months, you need only send an email to [email protected] to cancel your membership. Otherwise, you may stay in the group as long as you desire. We're here when you need help.
CONTACT TERESA FOR WHEN THE GROUP WILL REOPEN
Write the Vision
Interested in one of my intensive one-on-one coaching spots?
These spots are great for those who want to get a book done quickly, need a lot of help with writing, need help with specific areas or want the advantage of a personal writing coach. I only take a few intensive coaching clients, so if you are interested, be sure to let me know quickly. If you need specific help to build your tribe through social media and don't know how, your intensive will start where you are and go from there.
- Private author-coach Facebook page for Q&A and uploads
- Individualized assistance through any phase of the writing, publishing or Amazon process, social media management, including how to market on Facebook, how to set up a website to go the distance, how to monetize your expertise.
- Chapter or book feedback and reviews
- Phone or email conversations if necessary. You will have Teresa Shields Parker's guidance through any phase of your project.
- Prices vary depending on the project, time required and deadlines.
- Limited available openings for intensives. Use the link below and let Teresa know what help you need and when you'd like to begin. She will contact you if interested in taking on your project.
MAKE YOUR PITCH TO TERESA!
Hi, I'm Teresa Shields Parker, author of the #1 Christian Weight Loss Memoir on Amazon, Sweet Grace: How I Lost 250 Pounds and Stopped Trying to Earn God's Favor.
I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I love the swing and swirl of words as they appear on paper. More than that, I love the affect they can have on our hearts and lives.
My other books include:
- Sweet Grace Study Guide: Practical Steps to Lose Weight and Overcome Sugar Addiction
- Sweet Change: True Stories of Transformation
- Sweet Freedom: Losing Weight and Keeping It Off With God's Help
I'm always working on my next book. I'm also a regular contributor to Charisma's Spirited Woman Magazine.
I am a regular contributor to Charisma magazine with over 45 published articles in SpiritLed Woman.
I hold a BA in journalism from Oklahoma Baptist University and a master's in Biblical studies from Beacon University. I've won a bunch of awards for journalism and have published both Christian and secular publications for more than 35 years. For over 12 years I edited and published Good News Journal, a 100,000 circulation regional Christian publication, and Family Magazine, a Christian parenting magazine. Both were delivered to churches, businesses and schools throughout a 10-county area in mid-Missouri.
I wear many hats. I'm an author, editor, publisher, speaker, business owner and avid blogger and writer. I love coaching in all forms. I especially love coaching writers to have the next #1 book in your niche category. With God all things are possible.
My husband, Roy, and I live in Columbia, MO. We have three grown children: our son, Andrew; daughter, Jenny, and her husband, Nigel. We claim him, too.
*If you haven't done so already, be sure to get my FREE information, How to Navigate Amazon and Launch Your Book.