I think I can write devotionals. That thought flits through my mind often. Probably some of the things I have written are devotionals but I don’t really know the format, etc.
1. I can’t do it right, perfectly. In the right format.
2. No one will read them and they wont make a difference to anyone.
3. I won’t have affected lives so once again, I am nothing. I am incomplete which is my major life fear. Interesting how it all comes back to that.
Steps toward the goal
1. Research format and markets. Don’t worry if your devotional does not resemble every other devotional.It can be yours, unique, hard-hitting. This is what will make it worth reading.
2. Write a devotional each day for 30 days after the writing prompt is over.
3. Publish it on my blog and send it to other markets.
Now, Blog Readers, what is your goal that you haven’t done much on, if anything? What are the fears that are holding you back?
Writing Prompt #Trust30, Day 28: Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Write down a major life goal you have yet to achieve or even begin to take action on. For each goal, write down three uncertainties (read: fears) you have relating to each goal. Break it down further, and write down three reasons for each uncertainty. When you have three reasons for your fear, you’ll be able to start processing the change because you know where the fear stems from. Now you’ll be able to make a smaller changes that push you towards your larger goal. So begins the process of “trusting yourself.” (Author: Sean Ogle